MapR Announces Speaker Lineup for Big Data Everywhere Bay Area and Los Angeles
December 05, 2016
MapR Technologies, Inc., provider of the industry’s only Converged Data Platform, today announced the featured speakers at Big Data Everywhere (BDE) Bay Area and Los Angeles, taking place this month. Big data experts, including presenters from American Express, Qualcomm and SAP, will share their knowledge and discuss best practices related to successes with a converged data platform.
Big Data Everywhere Bay Area will be held on Tuesday, December 6 at the Pullman San Francisco Bay. The event will kick-off at 9:15 am with Jack Norris, SVP of Data and Applications at MapR, who will present on “The Keys to Digital Transformation.” In this session, Jack will discuss how companies from TransUnion to Uber use event-driven processing to transform their business with agility, scale, robustness, and efficiency advantages.
Co-presented by MapR and SAP, BDE Bay Area will also feature talks including:
- “Inside Data Science and Strategy at American Express,” Roopesh Varier, Head of Big Data & Innovation (Silicon Valley) at American Express;
- “Extending Open Source Big Data to the Enterprise with SAP HANA,” Vora, Balaji Krishna, Sr. Director Product Management, SAP;
“Determining Your Hybrid Data Ecosystem: On-Prem and Cloud Strategies,” Joanna Schloss, Director Product Marketing, Datameer;
“Reinventing the Information Pipeline: From Big Data Strategy to Big Value,” Rik Tamm-Daniels, Vice President of Technology and Partnerships, Paxata; and
- “Apache Drill - Evolution, Use Cases & Roadmap,” Neeraja Rentachintala, Senior Director, Product Management, MapR Technologies.
Big Data Everywhere (BDE) Los Angeles will be held on Thursday, December 8 at the Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel. The one-day conference includes the following sessions:
- “New Designs for Data Platform Reference Architectures,” Ramesh Balasubramanian, Search and BigData, Qualcomm;
- “Running Large-Scale Big Data Platform at Rubicon Project,” Devin Kramer, Director Infrastructure Engineering and Jesse Escobedo, Senior Systems Engineer, Rubicon Project
- “How Enterprises Are Using IoT Analytics to Drive Competitive Advantage,” Daniel Gutierrez, Managing Editor, insideBIGDATA;
- “Re-Platforming for IoT Scale,” Subhash Gowda, Manager Web Applications & Analytics and Ashfaq Chougle, Software Development Manager at IPS Group; and
- “How to Manage Continuous Dataflows for a Customer 360 Application,” Kirit Basu, Director, Product Management, StreamSets.
About MapR Technologies
MapR Technologies is a visionary Silicon Valley software company and creator of the next-generation data platform for AI and analytics, with the scale and reliability required by enterprise-grade, mission-critical deployments. The MapR Data Platform delivers the power of dataware to accelerate data-driven innovation. Forward leaning companies such as Cisco, Philips, and Société Générale, are able to create new data-driven solutions to outperform the competition. Learn more: mapr.com.
MapR is a registered trademark of MapR Technologies, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other names and brands may be the property of others.