MapR Scores Major Customer Wins Across Broad Section of Industries
January 23, 2013
New and existing Hadoop users move to MapR as the superior choice for enterprise-grade Hadoop
Major customer acquisition and corporate expansion across key functional areas and geographies fuelled growth for MapR Technologies, Inc., the Hadoop technology leader, in 2012. MapR has achieved significant customer adoption from existing users of Hadoop alternatives and new users of Hadoop technology, proving that early distributions remain limited in their scalability, performance and reliability.
Most recently, MapR's Hadoop footprint has expanded to include:
- Adoption of the MapR Distribution for Hadoop by 10 of the Fortune 100.
- A well-established U.S. retailer uses MapR for social media analysis, pricing optimization and customer recommendation engines.
- A major financial services firm deploying over 1,000 nodes of the MapR Distribution to more easily combat fraud and develop new revenue opportunities.
- One of the largest wireless telecommunications companies in the U.S. is relying on MapR for ETL offload of its enterprise data warehouse, saving millions of dollars per year.
- One of the largest healthcare companies in the United States is using MapR to open up a new line of business related to analytics on their petabytes of electronic medical records, setting the pace of innovation in a dynamic industry faced with healthcare reform.
- One of the world's leading electronic manufacturers is using MapR to analyze hundreds of millions of sensor and image readouts for hardware failure detection in a -99.999% environment.
There are thousands of installs of MapR today. MapR is actively used to analyze hundreds of billions of objects a day; 90% of the internet population; and over a trillion dollars of retail transactions annually.
"As we close out 2012, our significant customer wins and market traction acknowledge our technology leadership and pioneering product innovation," said John Schroeder, CEO and co-founder, MapR Technologies. "We have already enabled thousands of customers to better manage and analyze Big Data and we look forward to extending our position as a leader by adding value to Hadoop where it matters most to our customers."
"MapR is pushing the envelope with performance and manageability on Hadoop," said Tony Baer, principal analyst, Ovum IT Enterprise Solutions. "With Hadoop crossing over from Internet early adopters to the enterprise mainstream, the market has clearly grown more competitive. MapR continues to score impressive customer wins based on its core value proposition."
Commitment to Technology Excellence
MapR's customer growth has also been driven by the company's focus on further extending its technology lead. MapR's latest technology accomplishments include the unveiling of MapR M7, providing ground breaking capabilities for Apache HBase™ NoSQL applications to enhance Big Data operations ranging from batch analytics to real-time database functions performed with enterprise-grade reliability and protection.
MapR is also the only Hadoop distribution that offers IT organizations full data protection, no single points of failure, improved performance and dramatic ease of use advantages.
MapR has continued to work as part of the open source community to help incubate and spearhead the development of Apache Drill, the open source project that aims to provide low latency interactive querying capability over large distributed datasets. The project has garnered great interest and attention across U.S. and Europe and has several components that are in active development.
About MapR Technologies
MapR Technologies is a visionary Silicon Valley software company and creator of the next-generation data platform for AI and analytics, with the scale and reliability required by enterprise-grade, mission-critical deployments. The MapR Data Platform delivers the power of dataware to accelerate data-driven innovation. Forward leaning companies such as Cisco, Philips, and Société Générale, are able to create new data-driven solutions to outperform the competition. Learn more: mapr.com.
MapR is a registered trademark of MapR Technologies, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other names and brands may be the property of others.