We've been busy! Here are some new guides and documentation features to help you get up to speed on MapR:
Apache Drill Version 0.4 milestone has been released - Visit Apache Drill on MapR or the Apache Drill Wiki for more information.
- Start Here - A quick overview to help you understand the big picture, and figure out where to go in the documentation set to find out more detail about your topic of interest
- Architecture Guide - High-level information about how MapR works under the hood; the components of the system and how they work together
- Tuning Guide - A concise guide to tuning a MapR cluster for MapReduce performance
We've also embarked upon a remodeling of the Administrator Guide to make it easier to find processes and procedures for maintaining a MapR cluster.
Here are a few places to get started learning about MapR:
- MapR Sandbox for Hadoop - Try out a single-node cluster that is ready to roll, right out of the box!
- MapR Release Notes - Read more about what's new with the current release
- Quick Installation Guide - Set up a MapR cluster quickly and easily
- Advanced Installation Topics - Learn how to set up a production cluster, large or small
- Administrator Guide - Learn how to configure and tune a MapR cluster for performance
- Development Guide - Read more about what you can do with a MapR cluster
- MapR Release Notes - Release notes for the MapR distribution
- Hadoop Component Release Notes - Release notes for other Hadoop components
- Version 2.x Documentation - Documentation for customers running version 2.x
- Version 1.x Documentation - Documentation for customers running version 1.x