This guide describes the process of upgrading MapR Distribution for Hadoop to version 4.0.1 or 4.0.2.
When you upgrade the MapR Distribution of Hadoop, you upgrade the version of MapR core, MapR Hadoop common, and the MapR client. See the MapR Upgrade Process for information on what is upgraded and how it impacts your cluster configuration.
You may also need to upgrade ecosystem components. Refer to the Interoperability Matrix to see which ecosystem components are supported by the version of MapR that you are upgrading to.
The upgrade consists of the following steps:
- Planning the Upgrade – Determine how and when to perform the upgrade.
- Preparing to Upgrade – Prepare the cluster for upgrade while it is still operational.
- Upgrading MapR Packages – Perform steps that upgrade MapR core and MapR Hadoop Common on each cluster node.
- Configuring the New Version – Do any final steps to transition the cluster to the new version
- Upgrading MapR Clients – Perform steps to upgrade the MapR client.
- Upgrading Ecosystem Components – Perform the steps to upgrade ecosystem components.