To add a new node to a MapR cluster that provides the Drillbit service, add the node to the cluster first, and then install Drill on the new node. If you install Drill first, and then add the node to the cluster, the cluster cannot detect ZooKeeper information and the cluster is misnamed. These problems require some work to resolve. You need to edit the drill-override.conf file in the
mapr/drill directory and modify the name of the cluster. Avoid this extra work, and install Drill only after adding the node to the cluster by performing steps in the following order:
- Follow instructions for adding a node to a cluster.
- Reconfigure the cluster as described in the same instructions.
- Verify that the new node is up and running.
Stop the ZooKeeper service if it is running.
Stop the warden if it is running.
- Configure the repository to add the ecosystem repository.
Install the mapr-drill package on the new node.
Reconfigure the node.
- Start ZooKeeper if the node is a ZooKeeper node.
- Start warden to make configuration changes effective.
Verify that the Drillbit service is running on the node. It might take a minute or so for the Drillbit to start after starting warden.