When an alarm is raised, MapR can send an email notification to either or both of the following addresses:
- The owner of the cluster, node, volume, or entity for which the alarm was raised (standard notification)
- A custom email address for the named alarm.
To set up alarm notifications using the MapR Control System:
- In the Navigation pane, expand the Alarms group and click the Alarm Notifications view.
- Display the Configure Alarm Subscriptions dialog by clicking Alarm Notifications.
- For each Alarm:
- To send notifications to the owner of the cluster, node, volume, or entity: select the Standard Notification checkbox.
- To send notifications to an additional email address, type an email address in the Additional Email Address field.
- Click Save to save the configuration changes.