Before you start, drain the node of data by moving the node to the
/decommissioned physical topology. All the data on a node in the
/decommissioned topology is migrated to volumes and nodes in the
Run the following command to check if a given volume is present on the node:
Run this command for each non-local volume in your cluster to verify that the node being removed is not storing any volume data.
- In the Navigation pane, expand the Cluster group and click the Nodes view.
- Select the checkbox beside the node or nodes you wish to remove.
- Click Manage Services and stop all services on the node.
- Wait 5 minutes. The Remove button becomes active.
- Click the Remove button to display the Remove Node dialog.
- Click Remove Node to remove the node.