Use the following procedure to configure the cluster to use your SMTP server to send mail:
- In the MapR Control System, expand the System Settings Views group and click SMTP to display the Configure Sending Email dialog.
- Enter the information about how MapR will send mail:
- Provider: assists in filling out the fields if you use Gmail.
- SMTP Server: the SMTP server to use for sending mail.
- This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL): specifies an SSL connection to SMTP.
- SMTP Port: the SMTP port to use for sending mail.
- Full Name: the name MapR should use when sending email. Example:
- Email Address: the email address MapR should use when sending email.
- Username: the username MapR should use when logging on to the SMTP server.
- SMTP Password: the password MapR should use when logging on to the SMTP server.
- Click Test SMTP Connection.
- If there is a problem, check the fields to make sure the SMTP information is correct.
- Once the SMTP connection is successful, click Save to save the settings.
Along with setting up email addresses, you need to set up your SMTP server so you can send emails. Start by accessing the MapR Control System (MCS) from your browser, then follow these steps:
- From the navigation pane, select System Settings>SMTP.
- Select the type of email account from the drop-down menu. Once you make your selection, the SMTP port number field is automatically filled in with 587 (the official port for Mail Submission Agents). You can override this setting if you want to use a different port.
- Indicate whether you need an SSL connection.
- Enter the sender's full name and email address as you want it to appear in outgoing emails.
- If your SMTP server requires authentication, enter the sender's user name and SMTP password.
- Click on Test SMTP Connection to verify that the connection works.
- Once the SMTP connection is successful, click OK.