This guide describes the process of upgrading the MapR cluster.
When you upgrade the MapR cluster, you may need to upgrade one or more of the following components:
- MapR Core
- Ecosystem Components
- MapR Client
See the MapR Core Upgrade Process for information on what is upgraded when you upgrade MapR Core and how it impacts your cluster configuration.
Upgrading the MapR cluster consists of the following steps:
- Planning the Upgrade – Determine the upgrade method, when to upgrade, and whether ecosystem components or MapR clients need to be upgrade along with MapR Core.
- Preparing to Upgrade – Prepare the cluster for upgrade while it is still operational.
- Upgrading the Cluster
- Upgrading with the MapR Installer - Use a web interface that automates the upgrade of MapR core and ecosystem components. Then, perform post-upgrade steps for ecosystem components.
- Upgrading without the MapR Installer - Perform steps to upgrade MapR core, configure the new version, and manually upgrade each ecosystem component.
- Upgrading MapR Clients – Perform steps to upgrade the MapR client.