Step 1. Planning the Upgrade | Step 2. Preparing to Upgrade | Step 3. Upgrading With the MapR Installer or Without the MapR Installer | Step 4. Upgrading MapR Clients
If the cluster that you want to upgrade was installed using the MapR Installer, you can use the MapR Installer to upgrade the cluster. This includes upgrading MapR core, enabling support for new MapR core features, and upgrading ecosystem components that run in your cluster.
- Update the MapR Installer.
This steps ensures that the MapR Installer will have access to the latest packages.
- Service failures, job failures, or the loss of customized configuration files may occur if you do not perform the steps to prepare the cluster for an upgrade.
- Halt Jobs and Applications
- Stop accepting new jobs and applications.
Stop YARN applications.
You might also need specific commands to terminate custom applications.The MapR Installer waits for MRv1 jobs to complete before it begins the upgrade.
- Launch the MapR Installer URL ( https://<hostname/IPaddress>:9443)
- Select the option to upgrade the cluster and complete the upgrade.
- Once the upgrade through the MapR Installer is complete, perform the MapR Installer post-upgrade steps.
--> Go to Step 4. Upgrading MapR Clients