New in This Release
This is a maintenance release with no new features.
(Issue 4269) Bulk Operations
The MapR Control System provides both a checkbox and a Select All link for selecting all alarms, nodes, snapshots, or volumes matching a filter, even if there are too many results to display on a single screen. However, the following operations can only be performed on individually selected results, or results selected using the Select Visible link at the bottom of the MapR Control System screen:
- Volumes - Edit Volumes
- Volumes - Remove Volumes
- Volumes - New Snapshot
- Volumes - Unmount
- Mirror Volumes - Edit Volumes
- Mirror Volumes - Remove Volumes
- Mirror Volumes - Unmount
- User Disk Usage - Edit
- Snapshots - Remove
- Snapshots - Preserve
- Node Alarms - Change Topology
- Nodes - Change Topology
- Volume Alarms - Edit
- Volume Alarms - Unmount
- Volume Alarms - Remove
- User/Group Alarms - Edit
In order to perform these operations on a large number of alarms, nodes, snapshots, or volumes, it is necessary to select each screenful of results using Select Visible and perform the operation before selecting the next screenful of results.
(Issue 3122) Mirroring with fsck-repaired volume
If a source or mirror volume is repaired with
fsck then the source and mirror volumes can go out of sync. It is necessary to perform a full mirror operation with
volume mirror start -full true to bring them back in sync. Similarly, when creating a dump file from a volume that has been repaired with
-full true on the
volume dump create command.
When a node's IP number is reassigned to another node, remote procedure calls are misdirected to the wrong node. This can result in widespread errors affecting any system that use the RPC binding layer, including container resync operations that never finish or the creation of several superfluous containers. Restart the cluster to clear this condition.
If you use the latest version of any browser to view the MCS, the CLDB, HBase, JobTracker, and job log pages do not load when you click on the respective links. As a workaround, use the following instructions to disable mixed-content-blocking in your browser:
Scroll to the bottom of the screen, and click Show all content. The page refreshes and displays mixed content.
- At the top of the page, to the left of the address bar, click (the shield icon).
- In the pop-up window that appears, click the down arrow next to "Keep Blocking", and select Disable Protection on This Page. The page refreshes and displays mixed content. The shield icon is replaced with a warning symbol to indicate that the page is displaying both secure and non-secure items.
- Click (the shield icon) on the right side of the address bar.
- In the icon dialog box, click Load anyway. The page refreshes and displays mixed content. The URL in the address bar shows https crossed out to indicate that the page is displaying both secure and non-secure items.