The MapR Converged Data Platform (MCDP) 5.2 represents a once-in-a-generation re-platforming opportunity. By supporting a wide variety of workloads, MapR 5.2 can help you deliver successes in your data-driven environment.
Reasons to Upgrade to 5.2
If you’re running a prior version of MapR, consider the following reasons for upgrading:
- MapR Monitoring provides the ability to provides the ability to collect, store and view metrics and logs for nodes, services and jobs/applications.
- Industry leading multi-model NoSQL database now adds Multi-master Table Replication for the document database model.
- MapR Ecosystem Pack 1.0 that provides breakthrough improvements in deployment, supportability and stability of ecosystem components.
- Extended Attributes to allow enriching files and directories with user defined metadata.
- Hard Links Support enables MapR-FS to be used as the storage system for applications that depend on hardlinks (including IMAP tools, SMTP Servers, and various databases).
- Impersonation for all users allows a non-admin user to be the impersonating user.
- Platform quality improvements resulting from customer feedback and internal intensive testing.
- Maximize supportability of your deployment by getting to the latest release. MapR 3.X releases are at the end-of-maintenance phase (as of February 2016) and MapR 4.X releases will be at end-of-maintenance as of January 20, 2017.
The MapR 5.2 Step-Up Program
If the above sounds good but you worry about the effort for the upgrade process, we can help make this a low-risk proposition. The MapR Professional Services team has proven experience from hundreds of engagements, and deep technical expertise on the MapR Converged Data Platform and the broad ecosystem of open source projects. We can help you upgrade from versions 3.X or 4.X to 5.2 within a few weeks. Our Step-Up Program includes:
- Environment assessment that covers admin nodes, jobs, latencies, etc.
- Cluster health check
- Suggest the best upgrade path- manual/installer, etc.
- Upgrade the cluster to the latest version of the platform
- Upgrade the cluster to the latest eco-system packages
- Post-upgrade check
- Evaluate existing workflow and make recommendations on how to leverage YARN framework